Visitors to Ecology
The University of Georgia welcomes visiting researchers and scholars (VRS) from all across the world. As the state’s most comprehensive research institution, UGA proudly hosts the opportunity for VRS at all levels in their academic career. Through the VRS hosting procedures, UGA visiting researchers and scholars have access to necessary UGA resources, as well as identification through a UGAID and appropriate “standing” at UGA.
If a potential visitor meets the following criteria, he/she is considered a Visiting Researcher/Scholar or VRS:
- The visitor is physically coming to any UGA campus.
- The visitor’s activities while being hosted by a UGA faculty member on any UGA campus include participating in or observing research.
- The visit is not part of an official UGA program and the visit is not intended for the visitor to perform contracted services for UGA.
Registering all visiting researchers/scholars helps to ensure liability coverage and helps clarify intellectual property agreements.
Bear in mind, if your visitor is an international you will need to allow additional processing time to register the visit and should plan on additional costs if you plan to sponsor the associated visa.
Units are required to register all non-paid visiting scholars through the VRS program. All questions about forms or processes should be directed to Ms. Jessica Farmer at email@example.com.
- STEP 1: Complete the VRS Questionnaire.
- The Sponsoring UGA unit is Ecology.
- The Unit Head should be the acting Dean’s name.
- The staff contact person should be listed as Mica Turner.
- STEP 2: Have your visiting scholar complete the appropriate standard visitor agreement below.