|DATE:||Thursday, October 7, 2021 10:45 AM|
|FROM:||UGA Insurance and Claims Management|
|RE:||UGA Motor Vehicle Use Policy Reminder|
In an effort to promote a safe work environment, reduce the number of motor vehicle accidents that occur on-the-job, and ensure compliance with Board of Regents and State of Georgia policies, the University of Georgia (UGA) updated its Motor Vehicle Policy in the summer of 2020. The updated policy provides for:
- driving qualification standards for UGA drivers,
- a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check for anyone who operates a vehicle as part of their official duties, and
- required training and appropriate action for anyone who falls outside those standards.
The UGA Motor Vehicle Use Policy became effective on July 1, 2020 and applies to all UGA faculty, staff, volunteers, and independent contractors. Whether you are driving a personal vehicle, government issued (state or federal), or rental vehicle while conducting university business, you are required to:
- participate in annual training,
- complete a Driver Acknowledgement Form, and
- complete an annual Motor Vehicle Record history check (if the employee or volunteer’s driving frequency is three or more days per week).
The policy in its entirety may be viewed at https://policies.uga.edu/pdf/motor_vehicle_use.pdf. The training and associated forms are included in the Professional Education Portal (PEP) system through UGA Human Resources at https://pep.uga.edu. …all employees complete the required training by the end of December. Individuals who have already completed the training during calendar year will not be required to complete the training until calendar year.
Please contact the UGA Insurance and Claims Office at email@example.com or 706-425-3083 with any questions.