The EBO is officially open Monday through Friday from 8am – 5 pm. If you experience a building or other emergency need outside these hours please call UGA Police at 706-542-2200. Be prepared to give them your name, location and phone number.
The front office maintains basic pointers and slide advancement pointers for instructors. Please contact Joanne in the front office if you need to check out a pointer.
The Odum School has custodial staff to help with the normal upkeep of facilities, including but not limited to restroom cleaning, regular trash disposal, recycling disposal, and routine outside maintenance. Research labs and associated personnel should manage proper research disposals.
If you notice a stained ceiling tile, bathroom leak, ants/other pests/rodents outside their normal habitat, etc. please email Joanne with your findings. She will determine if a work order should be submitted for Facilities Management help.
- For routine building maintenance in the Ecology Building or Ecology Annex, please contact Joanne Greenway.
- For routine building maintenance in the CEID/IDEAS building, please contact Madison Wilson.
- For routine building maintenance in the RBC building, please contact Joanne, for now.
A dumpster is located outside the Ecology building near the loading dock. This is set up for official UGA custodial use and official research lab use, with appropriate disposal bags, only. No one should be using this dumpster for personal trash disposal. No one should place old UGA furniture in the dumpster. Please see surplus instructions below for the correct process on unwanted UGA equipment, furniture, or IT items.
Other useful information:
Access is maintained by the Ecology Front Office.
To request access: A completed Key Request Form and a $10 deposit per key are required unless otherwise noted. Exact cash or a check made payable to The University of Georgia is acceptable. A receipt will be provided to you upon payment. You are required to print the request form because it requires signature(s).
- For registered graduate students, this form must be signed by a Major Professor.
- If you are an undergraduate student you must be on the OSE payroll.
Upon return of keys, you are eligible for a refund. Please see Joanne Greenway in the front office.
- If you are still an employee with UGA at the time of reimbursement your refund will be directly deposited into the account you have on file for payroll.
- If you are not an employee or are submitting your request less than 10 business days before your last working day you will be issued a refund check.
Please contact Deanna Whiddon if you need after-hour access to this building. Be prepared to give her your “810” number as it is required for her to set up your access.
If you are working in a lab at the Annex your Major Professor should provide you with a code for entry or you may submit a key request form to the front office following the same procedure outlined for the Ecology Building.
Please consult with Dr. Jeb Byers.
Please consult with Dr. Andrew Davis.
Please email the front office to inquire.
Campus Mail is typically distributed by noon each business day in the appropriate mailbox(es). If you have official outgoing mail that needs to be delivered via USPS please contact Joanne in the front office.
The front office is inundated with official UGA packages daily. As official packages come in, our front office will prepare the required paperwork and email you when it is ready for pick up. All package pick-ups will require your printed name and signature.
We kindly ask that personal packages be addressed so they are delivered to your office or lab and accepted for signature there and not the front office.
Although a purchase order is UGA’s recommended method for acquiring goods, we understand there will be occasions you must order official items and have them delivered to the building. In this case, we ask that you address these packages so they are delivered to your office or lab and accepted for signature there and not the front office.
Joanne can help with FedEx express ENVELOPE shipping if needed.
Do you need to return something because it’s the wrong item, for repair, for replacement, or other? Please visit this link and choose “Material Return Slip and Shipping Permit” to process this request. Be prepared with the following information.
1) Obtain Vendor Approval and a Return Authorization Number.
2) If the item will be returned to an international destination, please obtain packaging requirements from the vendor.
3) If the vendor shipped the item in error, ask them to cover the return shipping costs.
4) If the item being shipped is an inventoried asset, include the UGA inventory number in your request.
5) If a purchase order is being issued by Procurement for the return, repair, or replacement for this item, please reference the purchase order number in your request.
6) It is strongly recommended that you ensure all items for the full replacement value. If the shipment is not insured and is lost or damaged in transit, there are no other replacement or repair costs available.
7) Notify your Sr. Accountant.
There are 3 Departmental Passes (DP) available for limited use.
- These passes will allow a current permit holder to park elsewhere on campus while tending to official UGA business during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
- Priority is given to Ecology Administration.
- Passes must be returned to the front office each day by 4:30pm and should never be kept overnight.
- Please contact Joanne in the front office if you need to check out a DP pass.
We also provide validation paper passes or deck codes for our Odum visitors or employees that have official business elsewhere on campus.
- A paper pass should be submitted with the deck ticket to the deck attendant in order to avoid parking charges. Each paper pass is good for one use.
- Some decks will NOT accept a paper pass. A deck code is required in this case. You will need this code to enter at the unmanned kiosk inside the deck to avoid a ticket and charges.
- Please contact Joanne in the front office if you or your guest needs a validation paper pass or deck code.
Did you know you can print your research poster for an academic conference for **FREE** at the Graduate School?
For Ecology help, contact Tyler Ingram to discuss the process for poster printing requests.
Do you need help with a large print/copy request? Please click here.
Dissertation and Thesis Printing Request
The Tate Student Center can process dissertation and thesis printing requests.
Front office personnel will work with custodial staff to maintain these areas. However, if you notice any container that is full please feel free to notify us, indicating what needs attention. The main recycling area is located just down from the Conference Room (room 12) and the Park Lab (room 126).
Paper: Recycle bins are labeled and located throughout the building. These are typically paired with landfill containers and labeled for easy determination.
Batteries: These are collected in a “Universal Waste” container located in the main recycle area. Only UGA-used batteries should be discarded here.
Styrofoam (#6 polystyrene): Please keep an eye out for a large white trash bin in the main recycling area. Clean and dry polystyrene foam blocks, coolers, or packing peanuts are accepted. Tape, labels, and any contents (including any trace of food residue) must be removed. WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT!
Ink cartridges: The first and best option is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, using the packaging and mail return label that came with your cartridge. Otherwise, you can repackage the cartridge and send it via Campus Mail where it will be recycled. You should label the package with “OMM” if sent through Campus Mail.
Unwanted furniture, equipment, electronics (surplus): UGA departments and department personnel are not to dispose of any non-consumable UGA property, even if broken and/or unusable. Further information on surplus can be found here. If you are unable to recycle use within Ecology please fill out this form and send it to Tyler. There is a cost associated with having items picked up for UGA Surplus disposal. Project funds are not allowed to cover disposal costs.
Have trouble with your phone or need to request changes? Please contact Brian Perkins.
Drivers must have passed a DVM background check before operating any UGA or Ecology vehicle.
1. Insurance & Claims Management (ICM) will be responsible for the development and tracking of initial and ongoing training, with the concerted help of the unit.
2. All Drivers who drive on University business regardless of frequency and location of driving shall be subject to annual training, among other things.
Drivers must have a valid license in their possession while operating any vehicle on University business.
The Driver Acknowledgement Form must be completed annually by each Driver. Each Driver must initial next to each safety standard on the form to be deemed eligible to drive.
The Driver Acknowledgement Form and MVR history check will be completed annually by each Primary Driver whose job requires them to routinely drive a State of Georgia Vehicle as a primary function of their job. The University of Georgia Police Department will be responsible for running the MVR history check.
A Driver who has had one of the following occurrences during the 24-month period preceding their use or request for use of a State of Georgia Vehicle, or a vehicle used for University business will be considered a “Disqualified Driver”:
1. Accumulating 10 or more points on his or her driving record,
2. Having an “at fault” motor vehicle accident within the six (6) months preceding an assignment to drive on University business, or
3. Having been convicted of one of the following offenses preceding an assignment to drive on University business:
•Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
•Driving Under the Influence Less Safe
•Leaving the scene of an accident
Drivers subject to completion of the Driver Acknowledgement Form are required to disclose to the Director if any of the above apply. A Disqualified Driver may not drive on University business until (a) his or her Motor Vehicle Record has been reviewed by Insurance & Claims Management and (b) the Disqualified Driver has satisfied the corrective, preventative, and/or educational measures specified by UGA. A Driver with a driver’s license that is restricted, expired, suspended, or revoked is not permitted to drive on University business until the license is fully reinstated. Drivers who drive on University business are to disclose any license restriction, expiration, suspension, or revocation upon notification.
Drivers who fail to complete the annual training or sign the Driver Acknowledgement Form will be automatically considered a Disqualified Driver.
Drivers charged with the following offenses are not permitted to drive on University business until disposition of the charges and review by Legal Affairs, ICM, and department:
1. Driving Under the Influence
2. Driving Under the Influence Less Safe
3. Leaving the scene of an accident
4. Aggressive Driving (only if a conviction would result in 10 or more points accumulated on his or her driving record)
5. Exceeding the speed limit by more than 19 mph (only if a conviction would result in 10 or more points accumulated on your driving record)
Drivers who drive on University business are to disclose receipt of the above charges by submitting the Driver Notification Form to the department head/director no later than the workday following the charges. Department head/director will forward a copy of the Driver Notification Form to Insurance & Claims Management. In addition, the Driver must comply with the reporting requirements of the UGA Policy on Arrests and Convictions.
Drivers who meet all Driver Qualifications and are not otherwise Disqualified Drivers following disposition of the charges and review by Legal Affairs, ICM, and the department, are permitted to resume driving on University business.
If a driver does not meet all Driver Qualifications following disposition of the charges, the employee will not be permitted to drive on University business until the circumstances leading to such citations have been reviewed by the Insurance & Claims Management and the Disqualified Driver has satisfied the corrective, preventative and/or educational measures specified by UGA and required under this Policy. The determination of the measures to be required will be made by Insurance & Claims Management, in consultation with the Driver’s departmental manager, based on the specific citation and circumstances. Information for these items can be retained through DOA
The State of Georgia provides a Georgia Liability Insurance Identification Card, annually.
You may print a copy of this card if driving is a requirement of your job. This card is not to be used for the registration of a privately-owned vehicle. Any person using this card for such a purpose may be subject to criminal prosecution.
The insured are State of Georgia Government or State employees while operating a vehicle within the scope and course of employment. This card explains what you should do if you are in an accident. Accidents must be reported within 48 hours.
Each UGA vehicle comes with a WEX gas card. These cards are assigned to a specific vehicle, not a person. The vehicle number is located at the bottom of each card. The card may ONLY be used to obtain gas for the associated vehicle.
New vehicle operators must contact Paul Fields at 706-542-7173 to be granted authorization to use the WEX gas card.
Ecology currently has a fleet consisting of 15-passenger vans. Instructional use is given first priority and use is managed by Kait Farrell and Joanne Greenway. If you need to request a reservation you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Vehicles should not be kept overnight unless associated with an approved course and with prior approval. Keys can be picked up during office hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
Only students, faculty, and staff that have completed and signed a driver acknowledgment form are permitted to operate an Ecology vehicle.
Vehicle operators are responsible for complying with and completing a vehicle maintenance checklist and rental information form (to be filled out and turned in when keys are returned).